Birth Family Reunions at BPAR
Are you planning a reunion with your birth family?
At Boston Post Adoption Resources, we know reunions can be exciting and challenging for all members of the adoption triad. We will work closely with you to create a reunion that is contained, safe, and as predictable as possible. After the reunion, we will help you to process the experience and help you navigate the pacing and of your potential new relationships.
What we do:
- Provide emotional support before the reunion (explore expectations, fears, and feelings you might not anticipate)
- Help you to make a structured plan for the reunion
- Assist you in developing a support system for before, during, and after the reunion
- After the reunion, help you to process all that came up and help you navigate the relationships
- Provide containment for your process by helping you know you have support
Are you still in the search process?
BPAR can provide resources and support as you proceed with your search.